Magnolia Woods Elementary School
Magnolia Woods Elementary is a East Baton Rouge Parish School located on Maxine Drive that enrolls students in grades PK-5.
The school offers a comprehensive curriculum aligned with the Common Core standards as well as
- accelerated classes presently in grades K-2 with plans to add a grade level a year,
- a STEM Lab (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) for all K-5 classes,
- a computer “Super Lab” which serves all students Pre-K-5, and
- a designated Arts Integration program.
Magnolia Woods is in the Lee High attendance zone which means that students in this neighborhood who meet Lee High’s admissions criteria will have preference over students in other parts of the city who apply.
Magnolia Woods has a faculty of 32 experienced and dedicated educators who work to prepare an academically rigorous and nurturing learning environment for all students. Ninety-nine percent of our teachers are certified and several hold advanced degrees. Our teaching staff consists of:
- three Pre-K teachers,
- 21 classroom teachers (K-5),
- three special needs teachers,
- a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) teacher,
- a dedicated (i.e., full-time) computer lab teacher,
- art and stringed musical instrument teachers,
- an English Language Learners teacher,
- a physical education teacher, and
- a library specialist.
Families can elect to involve their children in any and all of the following after school activities:
- Boys and Girls Club After-School care for all students and transportation home for those students enrolled in the program,
- “Girls-on-the-Run” after school program for students who qualify, and
- a Kids Orchestra After-School program for interested students.
We invite interested neighbors to attend the public events our school offers throughout the year, and encourage families interested in joining our school family to arrange for a classroom visit.